This is my favorite way to prepare potatoes. Unless they’re hasbrowns, then those need to be smothered, covered and capped ! This recipe is simple, easy, and you don’t need to think very hard when it comes to preparation and I love that ! Especially after a long day of work .
You can change out the spices to suit your mood at the moment. I’ve done cajun seasoning, rosemary and thyme, steak seasoning, Mrs. Dash. The world is your oyster, have fun !
Simple Roasted Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 tbsp Herbs de Provence
- 6 each Potatoes small to medium
- 1 tsp salt kosher, fleur de sel
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut potatoes into 8 pieces ; cut in half and each half cut into 4 pieces.
- Place potato chunks into a large mixing bowl. Add in oil, herbs and salt and toss until evenly coated.
- With a parchment-lined baking tray, evenly place the potatoes onto the parchment paper. Scrape any excess oil and herbs from the bowl onto the potatoes.
- Bake until the potatoes are a deep golden brown; tossing every 10 or 15 minutes.
- Take the potatoes at when they have reached your preferred crunchiness. Optional : toss on some grated parmesan cheese 5 minutes before taking the potatoes out of the oven. Kicks them up a notch and adds a whole other flavor level of awesomeness.