RATP ticket price update for 2023
Tickets prices for public transportation have increased, starting January 1, 2023, for the first time over 6 years. The increase in price is mainly due to the rising energy cost and inflation.
Here’s a breakdown of the following passes and their updated prices:
Price: 1 ticket: 2,10€ , Carnet de 10: 16,60€ (if purchased on Navigo Easy pass or telephone); 19,10€ if bought as the cardboard ticket. These tickets are cheaper if bought in a packet of 10.
Here’s some things to know about the Ticket T+ :
- Connections for metro-metro, RER-RER and metro-RER in Paris during 1:30 from the validation of entry onto the network.
- Not valid on trains or RER outside of Paris.
- Is valid for an entire bus route, with exception, upon validation.
- Connections between buses and trams during a 1:30 period from the first validation to the last.
- Not accepted on the Tram express.
- Can be used on the funiculare of Montmartre.
- Always keep your ticket available until you have completely exited the transport system.
- Certain long-distance routes require the validation of two t+ tickets.
Weekly Navigo pass
Price: 30€ (all zones, 1-5). Zones 2-3 27,45€. Zones 3-4 26,60€. Zones 4-5 26,10€.
Here’s some things to know about the Weekly Navigo pass:
- Is valid for one week from Monday to Sunday and is available for purchase from Friday for the following week.
- The pass is valid on all types of transport (metro, train, RER, express tram, tram, Filéo) in all valid travel zones, except for certain direct airport services (Orlyval, Bus Direct Paris-Aéroport ex-Cars Air France, VEA Disney shuttles) and tourist bus (OpenTour, Cars Rouges) service.
- With an all-zone pass, it is possible to travel within all 5 zones for the validity of the pass.
- With a 2-zone pass, it is valid only within the zones that have been selected. A day pass can also be used in compliment for other zones.
- Weekly pass can be downloaded onto a Navigo pass or the Navigo Discovery pass cards via any RATP/IDF mobile application or at any RATP ticket window/automated machine.
Monthly Navigo pass
Price: 84,10€ (all 5 zones), Zones 2-3 76,70€. Zones 3-474,70€. Zones 4-5 72,90€. These prices are valid from the first of the month to the last day of the month. The annual price 925,10€ for all 5 zones, savings of 1 month’s price.
Here’s some things to know about the Monthly Navigo Pass:
- Valid within the zones that have been purchased for every day of the month that has been purchased.
- If a 2-zones pass has been purchased, it is valid only within those 2 zones and during periods when the zones are lifted.
- The 2-zone limitation is lifted during weekends, holidays, and short-term school holidays in Zone C, as well as during the summer holiday from mid-July to mid-August. This allows travel within the entire Île-de-France region.
- Monthly pass is valid on all types of transport (metro, train, RER, express tram, tram, Filéo) in all valid travel zones, except for certain direct airport services (Orlyval, Bus Direct Paris-Aéroport ex-Cars Air France, VEA Disney shuttles) and tourist bus (OpenTour, Cars Rouges) service.
- Can be reimbursed up to 50% (minimum) by your employer for the necessary zones for commuting purposes.
- Monthly pass can be downloaded onto a Navigo pass or the Navigo Discovery pass cards via any RATP/IDF mobile application or at any RATP ticket window/automated machine. Can also be downloaded onto your telephone (when applicable).
Price: 1,69€/ride within Paris (not to exceed 8,45€/day). 3,38€ for a long-distance bus/train ride. 10,05€ for the OrlyBus. 14,45€ for the RoissyBus.
Here’s some things to know about the Liberté+ pass:
- Pay-as-you-go plan with payment at the beginning of the following month, without exceeding 8,45€ per day.
- Allows you to freely validate as you go and pay later between the hours of midnight and 11:59 PM (considered 1 full day.
- The following are the approved transportation lines:
- Sections of RER/train lines in Paris (zone 1).
- Bus lines where the Ile-de-France fare system is applicable.
- OrlyBus and RoissyBus.
- Tram and Tzen.
- The Montmartre funicular.
- Buses with long-distance fares.
- Not applicable for RER/train outside of Paris, Orlyval, or the tram 11 express. A supplementary ticket is needed.
- There is no contract needed for the Liberté pass, can be cancelled at any time.
- Liberté + is loaded exclusively onto a personalized Navigo pass (first and last name and a photo). This pass can be issued to people who live or work in the Île-de-France region.
For all other information regarding ticket prices, passes, rules and regulations, you can go here (in English) or here (in French).